Open Water Diver course
- Online Knowledge Development (PADI eLearning)
- Two weekends SCUBA diving
- Dive Crew Night
PADI Open Water Diver eLearning component: $196 AUD
Scheduled Weekend Courses:
In water sections: $325
Click here for course introduction
Now days we get you in the water sooner, so you can start having the dives you dreamed of. It’s a piece of cake, as your pool dives will prepare you for your Open Water Dives.
All you need to do is a little home study online in the week or two leading up to your course. All the diving equipment is supplied with your course; just bring your Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots (these can be hired if needed), a pen, your togs and a towel. You can purchase your PADI eLearning course from our website to get you started right now.
Our aim is to take you on lots of fascination adventures into the undersea world. We want to make your diving safe and enjoyable. At New Zealand Sea Adventures we are able to offer you the most comprehensive range of diving experiences including: dive trips to lots of great locations, boat dives, shore dives, over 20 PADI Specialty diver courses, PADI Instructor courses and TDI Technical Diver courses.
PADI is by far the largest and safest diver certifying system in the world, so no matter what country you are in, your PADI qualification will be recognised.
As part of your course you are an automatic member of our Dive Crew. There are no club fees, we just take you diving.
If yo have any questions please call, email or stop by our Dive Store.
PADI Course Director
- Digital theory – Open Water Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 12 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday in our on site, heated diver training pool where you learn to safely use the Scuba diving equipment.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go Scuba diving in the open water and practice your new Scuba diving skills.
- Dive Crew Night: Collect your Certificate and celebrate! (first Wednesday of the month)
Also with your PADI Open Water Diver course
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our very popular dive club
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH 1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 10 years old (conditions apply for 10 to 14 year olds)
- Be able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Medically fit to dive: You must read and complete the R.S.T.C. Medical Statement before the start of the course. Please only answer YES or NO. If you answer YES, you will require a Doctor to complete side two of the statement.
What to Bring
- Completed R.S.T.C. Medical Statement (Doctor/Physician visit may be needed)
- Your eLearning completion form (email to us if you are unable to print it yourself)
- A pen, your swimming costume and a towel. Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots if you have them.
- Open Water Diver eLearning: $196 AUD
- Practical fee: $325. Gear supplied for course (except for Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots). You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70 or buy new in store.
- 10% off your practical fee for each extra person you book on the course with you, find 6 others and your practical course is free.
Book your course in 2 easy steps
Step 1. PADI Open Water online eLearning or tablet courses available via any of the blue PADI eLearning buttons on our website. You can purchase and start these any time but must be completed before the first weekend.
Or/ $200 Deposit, Name, Date of Birth and a valid eMail address required. Deposits can be paid online, in store or over the phone with a valid credit card. Deposits are transferable to another person until the eLearning course is redeemed but are non refundable.
Step 2. Our PADI Open Water Diver courses are run regularly in Wellington throughout the year to your preference. Check the Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join. One-off courses other than those scheduled can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
Activities for certified Open Water Divers
- Local Diving Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Come by the store Saturdays and Sundays for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available.
- Advanced Open Water course; Further your dive skills and continue your underwater adventures with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, you can start straight after your Open Water Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers; Altitude Diver – AWARE Fish ID diver – Boat Diver – Digital Underwater Photographer – Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver – Drift Diver – Drysuit Diver – Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver – Equipment Specialist – Night Diver – Peak Performance Buoyancy – Sidemount Diver – Underwater Naturalist – Underwater Navigation