Advanced Open Water course
- Online Knowledge Development (PADI eLearning)
- One weekend or after Work dives
- Dive Crew Night
PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning component $181AUD
14th and 15th of October
16th and 17th of December
In-Water Sections: $210
- Digital theory – Advanced Open Water eLearning course (about 8 hrs)
- A Full weekend or after work dives – Five Adventure dives; Navigation, Deep, Buoyancy, and your choice of Naturalist, Fish ID, Photography, Enriched Air*, Wreck (weather dependant) or Night during winter. *Additional charges apply for Enriched Air Fills.
3. Crew Night – First Wednesday of every month, celebrate and collect your Certificate!
Certified PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent diver rating and medically fit to dive (see below).
What to bring
- Current RSTC Medical Statement (completed in the last 12 months)
- Open Water Diver card, pen, togs, towel and any dive gear you have
- Advanced Open Water eLearning completion form
- PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning: $181AUD (purchased online)
- Practical fee: $210 ($189 with 2 months of Open Water Diver at NZSA)
- Half price gear hire within two calendar months of your Open Water course at NZSA.
Adventure Diver option
If you are limited by time, try the Adventure Diver Programme. Just three dives in one day for $140 (does not include the completed eLearning sections required). Just two more Adventure Dives within 12 months will complete your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
Book your course in 2 easy steps
Step 1. PADI Advanced Open Water online eLearning or tablet courses available via any of the blue PADI eLearning buttons on our website. You can purchase and start these any time but must be completed before the diving weekend.
Or/ $200 Deposit, Name, Date of Birth and a valid eMail address required. Deposits can be paid online, in store or over the phone with a valid credit card. Deposits are transferable to another person until the eLearning course is redeemed but are non refundable.
Step 2. Our PADI Advanced Open Water courses are run regularly in Wellington throughout the year to your preference. Check the Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join. One-off courses other than those scheduled can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
Want your course a little cheaper?
For any new customer (someone who has not yet taken a course with New Zealand Sea Adventures) you get on one of our dive courses you receive $20 off the practical section of your course.
Diving and courses for Advanced Open Water Divers
- Local Diving and Dive Trip Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Join us on Thursdays for an After Work dive or Saturdays and Sundays for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available. Advanced Open Water is also the pre-requisite for the Dive Trips, explore a vast range of National and International destinations as one of the Dive Crew..
- Rescue Diver course; As a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver you can extend your dive safety knowledge, self rescue skills and develop diver rescue techniques. There is also a First Aid requirement we offer at a special rate when done in conjunction with the Rescue Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Advanced Open Water diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers and Open Water Divers; Deep Diver – Search and Recovery – Wreck Diver