Booking your course
- Click “Add to Basket”, fill in your details and purchase the course.
- Check our Dive Calendar for scheduled courses
- Contact us for the course you’d like to join.
PADI Open Water Diver course programme
- Digital theory: Open Water Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 12 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday in our on site, heated, diver training pool. Meet your INstructor and classmates then learn to safely use the Scuba diving equipment.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go Scuba diving at some of the popular Wellington dive sites and practice your new Scuba diving skills.
- Dive Crew Night: Collect your Certificate and celebrate! (first Wednesday of the month)
Also with your PADI Open Water Diver course
- As many local Wellington shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our very popular dive club
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons original Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Wellington; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH 1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 12 years old (conditions apply for 10 to 14 year olds)
- Be able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Medically fit to dive: You must read and complete the R.S.T.C. Medical Statement before the start of the course. Please only answer YES or NO. If you answer YES, you will require a Doctor to complete side two of the statement.
What to Bring
- Completed R.S.T.C. Medical Statement (Doctor/Physician visit may be needed)
- Your eLearning completion form (email to us if you are unable to print it yourself)
- A pen, your swimming costume and a towel. Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots if you have them.
- Open Water Diver eLearning, In-water lessons and Scuba gear hire: $399 (normally up to $600!)
- Scuba gear supplied: Wetsuit, BCD, Regulators, Weights and Cylinders.
- You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70, bring your own or buy new in store, click here.
NZ Sea Adventures offers for certified Open Water Divers
- Local Diving Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Join us Thursdays for an After Work dive or Saturdays and Sundays for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available.
- Advanced Open Water course; Further your dive skills and continue your underwater adventures with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, you can start straight after your Open Water Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers; Altitude Diver – AWARE Fish ID diver – Boat Diver – Digital Underwater Photographer – Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver – Drift Diver – Drysuit Diver – Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver – Equipment Specialist – Night Diver – Peak Performance Buoyancy – Sidemount Diver – Underwater Naturalist – Underwater Navigation