“Ever since you were a kid, you’ve wanted to Learn to SCUBA dive.”
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Now days we get you in the water sooner, so you can start having the dives you dreamed of. It’s a piece of cake, your pool dives will prepare you for your open water dives.
All you need to do is be able to swim, be medically fit to dive and complete the online eLearning course then you’re set to go! All the rental gear is available with your course; just bring a pen, your togs and a towel. Registration is easy either online, in store, by phone or email.
To help you get your own dive gear, we offer you 10% off any individual dive equipment (not packages) bought from our store for your course. This offer ends when your course is completed. Take a look at our popular Gear Packages, they are a great way to save money too.
Our aim is to take you on lots of fascinating adventures into the undersea world. We want to make your diving safe and enjoyable. At New Zealand Sea Adventure’s, we are able to offer you the most comprehensive range of diving experiences including: lots of trips to great dive locations, boat dives, shore dives, over 20 PADI Specialty diver courses, PADI Instructor courses and TDI Technical Diver courses.
PADI is by far the largest and safest diver certifying system in the world, so no matter what country you are in, your PADI qualification will be recognised.
As part of your course you are an automatic member of our Dive Crew. There are no club fees, we just take you diving.
If you have any questions please call, email or stop by our Dive Store.
- Digital theory: PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Course (about 8-14 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to around 1-2pm in our on-site heated diver training pool learning equipment use and Open Water SCUBA diving skills.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go SCUBA diving in the sea and practice your new Open Water SCUBA diving skills.
Also with your PADI Open Water Diver Course
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire.
- Dive Crew Nights – Free BYO BBQ and entertainment the first Wednesday of each month.
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier Dive Centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 10 years old (conditions apply for 10 & 11 year old’s)
- Able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Medically fit to dive: Allow time to visit your doctor before the start of the in-water sections. Check the Diver Medical | Participant Questionnaire. If you answer yes to any of the questions or are unsure how to answer, the visit to your Doctor is required.
What to Bring
- All eLearning sections and the RDP Exam MUST be completed.
- Completed Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire.
- Under 18 years? A Legal Parent/Guardian MUST be with you to sign your forms.
- A Pen, your Swimming Costume and a Towel.
- All essential gear rental is included. Having some of your own equipment will make your course more comfortable, we have some great options in store.
Please feel free to bring any of your own equipment you would like to use.
Full Course Fee: $649. Includes; PADI eLearning Course, Dive Gear Rental, Pool Skills and Open Water Dives on a Scheduled Course.
$20 off for each extra person you book on the course with you.
– Find 6 others and your in-water sections are FREE –
The PADI Open Water Diver Courses run regularly year-round. One-off courses can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Booking early guarantees your place. See the short description at the top of this web page, our online calendar (click the picture of a calendar at bottom of any web page) or see/ask in store.
Booking your course
Course bookings can be made in-store, via email, online or over the phone with a valid credit card. Minimum $300 deposit (covers booking and eLearning course) required with your full name, date of birth, a valid email address and phone number.
Deposits are transferable to another person but not refundable. eLearning courses, once redeemed, cannot be transferred.
- All eLearning sections incl. RDP Exam must be completed BEFORE THE FIRST WEEKEND.
– If you like, you can send us your details for an optional free eLearning sample –
Activities for certified PADI Open Water Divers
- Local Diving Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Come by the store Saturday and Sunday mornings for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available.
- Advanced Open Water course; Further your dive skills and continue your underwater adventures with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, you can start straight after your Open Water Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers; Altitude Diver – AWARE Fish ID diver – Boat Diver – Digital Underwater Photographer – Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver – Drift Diver – Drysuit Diver – Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver – Equipment Specialist – Night Diver – Peak Performance Buoyancy – Sidemount Diver – Underwater Naturalist – Underwater Navigation