“Ever since you were a kid, you’ve wanted to Learn to SCUBA dive.”
Now days we get you in the water sooner, so you can start having the dives you dreamed of. It’s a piece of cake, your pool dives will prepare you for your open water dives.
All you need to do is be able to swim, check the Diver Medical Questionnaire, complete the online eLearning course and you’re set to go! All the SCUBA Diving Equipment can be supplied with your course (the course fee includes Wetsuit and SCUBA Gear Rental); just bring a pen, your togs and a towel. You can purchase your PADI eLearning course from our website right now to get you started.
Our aim is to take you on lots of fascinating adventures into the undersea world. We want to make your diving safe and enjoyable. At New Zealand Sea Adventure’s, we are able to offer you the most comprehensive range of diving experiences including: lots of trips to great dive locations, boat dives, shore dives, over 20 PADI Specialty diver courses, PADI Instructor courses and TDI Technical Diver courses.
PADI is by far the largest and safest diver certifying system in the world, so no matter what country you are in, your PADI qualification will be recognised.
As part of your course you are an automatic member of our Dive Crew. There are no club fees, we just take you diving.
If you have any questions please call, email or stop by our Dive Store.
- Digital theory: PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Course (about 8-14 hours)
- First weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to around 1-2pm in our on-site heated diver training pool learning equipment use and Open Water SCUBA diving skills.
- Second weekend: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to about 4:30pm – We go SCUBA diving in the sea and practice your new Open Water SCUBA diving skills.
Also with your PADI Open Water Diver course
- As many local shore dives with as you like – no cost other than air fills and gear hire
- Complimentary membership of our Dive Crew
- First hand SCUBA diving experiences with Wellingtons Premier dive centre
- We are located at 9 Marina View, Mana, Porirua; just north of the Paremata bridge on SH1. Look for the big yellow building.
- At least 10 years old (conditions apply for 10 & 11 year old’s)
- Able to swim 200m and swim/float for at least 10 minutes.
- Medically fit to dive. Check the Diver Medical | Participant Questionnaire before the start of the in-water sections. If you answer yes to any of the questions or are unsure how to answer, you will require a visit to your Doctor.
What to Bring
- All eLearning section and the RDP Exam MUST be completed.
- Completed Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire.
- Under 18 years? A Legal Parent/Guardian MUST be with you to sign your forms.
- A Pen, your Swimming Costume and a Towel. Dive Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots if you have them. (Dive gear can be purchased in store or hired for your course)
- Open Water Diver eLearning: $220AUD (Limited stock at $200NZD when purchased in store).
- In-Water Sections: $350. SCUBA Gear supplied for the course (Wetsuit, BCD, Regulators, Tanks and Weights). You can hire Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots for $70 or buy in store.
10% off your practical fee for each extra person you book on the course with you.
– Find 6 others and your in-water sections are FREE –
The PADI Open Water Diver Courses run regularly year-round. One-off courses can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Booking early guarantees your place. See the short description at the top of this web page, our online calendar (click the picture of a calendar at bottom of any web page) or see/ask in store.
Booking your course
Course bookings can be made in-store, online or over the phone with a valid credit card. Minimum $100 deposit required with your full name, date of birth, a valid email address and phone number. Deposits are transferable to another person but not refundable.
The PADI Open Water Diver eLearning course is available from any of the blue “PADI eLearning” buttons on this page or the bottom of any page of our website. Click/Tap the button to purchase this at any time. All eLearning sections MUST be completed in full before the first weekend.
– If you like, you can send us your details for an optional free eLearning sample.
Activities for certified PADI Open Water Divers
- Local Diving Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Come by the store Saturday and Sunday mornings for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available.
- Advanced Open Water course; Further your dive skills and continue your underwater adventures with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, you can start straight after your Open Water Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers; Altitude Diver – AWARE Fish ID diver – Boat Diver – Digital Underwater Photographer – Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver – Drift Diver – Drysuit Diver – Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver – Equipment Specialist – Night Diver – Peak Performance Buoyancy – Sidemount Diver – Underwater Naturalist – Underwater Navigation