Explore more – PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Exploration, Excitement and Experiences are what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so new and experienced Open Water Divers can sign up straight away!
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build scuba skills to become safer and more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives while under the supervision of a PADI Instructor.
This course builds on what you’ve learnt and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new dive activities and ways to have fun scuba diving. You will complete 5 different types of dives to build your confidence and develop your dive skills. The dives are Deep, Underwater Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy – and your choice of Underwater Naturalist, Fish Identification, Wreck (weather dependant), Enriched Air *, Underwater Photography or Night during winter.
Complete the theory online at your convenience, then join us for a weekends diving. After the 5 dives over the weekend you will qualify as an Advanced Open Water Diver. This is the minimum requirement for a lot of our dive adventures and prerequisite for the PADI Rescue Diver course.
* Additional costs apply for Enriched Air Fills.
PADI Advanced Open Water Course Outline
- Digital theory – Advanced Open Water eLearning course (about 8 hrs)
- A Full weekend of Scuba Diving! – Five Adventure dives; Navigation, Deep, Buoyancy, and your choice of Naturalist, Fish ID, Photography, Enriched Air*, Wreck (weather dependant) or Night during winter. *Additional charges apply for Enriched Air Fills.
- Crew Night – First Wednesday of each month, celebrate and collect a Certificate!
Certified PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent diver rating and medically fit to dive (see below).
What to bring
- Current RSTC Medical Statement (completed in the last 12 months)
- Open Water Diver card, pen, togs, towel and any dive gear you have
- Advanced Open Water eLearning completion form
- PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning: $199 for a limited time
- Practical fee: $210 ($189 with 2 months of Open Water Diver at NZSA)
- Half price gear hire within two calendar months of your PADI Open Water course at NZSA.
Adventure Diver option
If you are limited by time, try the Adventure Diver Programme. Just three dives in one day for $140 (does not include the completed eLearning sections required). Just two more Adventure Dives within 12 months will complete your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
Booking your PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Our PADI Advanced Open Water courses are run regularly in Wellington throughout the year to your preference. Check the Dive Crew Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join. One-off courses other than those scheduled can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning: Purchase either the online eLearning or tablet courses available via any of the blue PADI eLearning buttons on our website. You can purchase and start these any time but must be completed before the diving weekend.
In-Water Sections: Minimum Deposit of $80 with your; Name, Date of Birth and a valid eMail address when booking. Fees can be paid online, in store or over the phone with a valid credit card. Deposits are transferable to another person but are non refundable.
Want your course a little cheaper?
For any new customer (someone who has not yet taken a course with New Zealand Sea Adventures) you get on one of our dive courses you receive $20 off the practical section of your course.
Diving and courses for Advanced Open Water Divers
- Local Diving and Dive Trip Adventures; It’s a good idea to keep diving regularly especially in the weeks following your course. Join in Saturdays and Sundays for weekend diving. Just call or email to find out what diving is available. Advanced Open Water is also the pre-requisite for the Dive Trips, explore a vast range of National and International destinations as one of the Dive Crew..
- Rescue Diver course; As a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver you can extend your dive safety knowledge, self rescue skills and develop diver rescue techniques. There is also a First Aid requirement we offer at a special rate when done in conjunction with the Rescue Diver course.
- As a certified PADI Advanced Open Water diver you can take the following Specialty Diver courses alongside those available to non-divers and Open Water Divers; Deep Diver – Search and Recovery – Wreck Diver