CHALLENGING and REWARDING
The BEST dive course you will EVER take…
These words probably best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned during your diving to date, this course expands your knowledge and prepares you to deal with any problems you may encounter, on and under the water.
The Rescue Diver course is the perfect opportunity for you to develop your personal self-rescue dive skills, help tired divers, administer first aid and rescue distressed divers, under the guidance of your PADI Instructor.
During the online theory you’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your PADI Instructor. After you have completed the Rescue Diver theory online, you come in and spend a weekend with us practicing the skills and concepts you learnt about, first in the pool then out in the ocean in progressively more challenging situations. We also take you through the Medic First Aid practical if you don’t already have a first aid and CPR certificate.
The Rescue Diver will start you looking differently at diving, being more aware of the divers around you as well your own safety and dive gear. It is a prerequisite for the Master Scuba Diver Rating (the most prestigious recreational rating) as well as the Divemaster programme (the first step in the professional dive ratings). It is commonly viewed as the most important dive course people take.
Another step closer to PADI Master Scuba Diver….
PADI Rescue Diver Course Outline
- Digital Theory – PADI Rescue Diver eLearning or tablet course (about 11 hours)
- Full Weekend – Practical rescue skills and scenarios in the pool and open water
- Come to Crew Night and collect your certificate
Rescue Diver Course Pre-requisites
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or Adventure Diver with Navigation (or qualifying certification from another agency)
- 12 Years of age or older
What to Bring
- Diver Medical | Participant Questionnaire (completed in the last 12 months) and medical clearance if required.
- Your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver card or Adventure Diver with Navigation
- Your eLearning completion form
- First Aid & CPR certificate (can be taught in conjunction with the course)
- Swimming costume and towel, plus your dive gear. Hire gear available as needed.
- Full Course Fee: $499 (book with a friend and get $20 off!)
Includes; PADI eLearning Course and Rescue Diver Quick Review & Practical Sections.
- If you need a First Aid & CPR certificate, the Medic First Aid course, run in
with the Rescue Diver Course: $150 (normally $185)
- Course times are 8.30am to approximately 4:30pm. Courses are normally once every 3 months through-out the year or by demand.
- One-off mid-week courses by arrangement, conditions apply.
Booking your PADI Rescue Diver Course
Our PADI Rescue Diver Courses are run regularly in Wellington throughout the year to your preference. Check the Dive Crew Calendar for scheduled courses and contact us for the course you’d like to join. One-off courses other than those scheduled can be arranged by appointment if preferred. Conditions apply.
Course bookings can be made in-store, via email, online or over the phone with a valid credit card. Minimum $300 deposit (covers booking and eLearning course) with your full name, date of birth, a valid email address and phone number.
Deposits are transferable to another person but not refundable. eLearning courses, once redeemed, cannot be transferred.
Want your course a little cheaper?
For any new customer (someone who has not yet taken a course with New Zealand Sea Adventures) you get on one of our dive courses you receive $20 off the practical section of your course.